Veriton M4620G erecovery installs on wrong partition

Options
fmayville
fmayville Member Posts: 1 New User

I have a Veriton M4620G that a user has upgraded on windows 10 pro (it was offsite). Now I am briging this computer back to the office for a user and want to install windows 7 pro instead. So I use the recovery button on the front while booting and it takes me to erecovery just fine. I can then ask it to completely reinstall the software, I get to choose from windows 7 and 8. It then askes for the destination disk. It should tell me it will be installing on C: Acer and that it has around 200GB of space to install on, but it goes on an unmouted partition called Acer with 400MB available. Needless to say, it doesn't work. Is there anyway I can set the right partition to be selected first? The computer still boots in windows 10 anyways, or I could use a boot CD to access partitions. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks. 

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Not all versions of eRecovery allow you to pick the partition it installs on. Some versions install on the first active partition. You could try removing the partitioning using disk part, then the recovery media should install. You are not wanting to dual boot the computer, right?