Veriton 4620g bios update problem

uzmanbiyolog
uzmanbiyolog Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all. i have Acer Veriton m4620g i5 3470 500gb 4gb ram Desktop. i am trying to update bios in windows mode.unfortunatelly get an error 3-Error :Rom file size does not march existing bios size.

trying other versions but lo luck.is there any way to bios update? Thanks for any help...

bios : P01-A01L

veriton bios.JPG

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Which Bios did you try to update too?

The P01-A0L at Acer is newer than your P01-A0L.

Do you know the size of your current bios?

Did you try this one? Did you have the battery charged nothing open?

BIOSAcerBIOS for LinuxP01.A0L2.0 MB2012/07/20Download

Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer Product. Please proceed with caution.

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder

@philetus

I'm pretty sure that's the same BIOS. The dates are different because Acer didn't post the update on it's website  until 2012/07/20.  He's using a tool that actually looks at the "real" BIOS date.  2012/07/20 is just an Acer posting date.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

JordanB is correct.

• uzmanbiyolog
    uzmanbiyolog Member Posts: 2 New User

all bios version i tried. but every time i get same message : rom file size error. also tried afuwin-5.05.04 and afodos too. motherboard name is Acer B75h2-am v1.0 .

Ekran Alıntısı 2.JPG

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

• philetus

"Error messages such as '.ROM file wrong size', 'Incorrect BIOS size', etc. indicate that the updated BIOS file you downloaded is not compatible with the BIOS chip on the motherboard. For example most BIOS updates are for 2Mb BIOS chips, however if your BIOS chip is a 1Mb chip then you will get an error message similar to this. If this is the case then you will need to purchase a replacement BIOS chip in order to update your BIOS."

The bios sizes from Acer go from 2.0 to 2.2 and then 2.5.

I wonder if Acer upgraded the M/B in later versions of the Veriton 4620g and it has a larger bios chip.

• philetus

I downloaded the P21.B1, which is the only one you should be trying to install because the other two are for Win 8.

I read the  Readme file and I was wondering if that's how you tried to upgrade.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

his PC has a Linux customized BIOS:

bios : P01-A01L

he can only flash that type of BIOS "L" and only P01 updates, so he already has the latest version for that hardware revision.