So I can't use the E-Recovery program to copy stuff to a USB...

MarcusOy
MarcusOy Member Posts: 4 New User

Well, yeah. So the other day, I installed an SSD and installed a fresh installation of Windows 7. Now, I'm having a big problem with drivers, so I haven't formatted the HDD that I have that came with the computer. I called support the other day, and they told me to use the E-Recovery program to restore drivers or reinstall windows onto that SSD, but the problem is when I am on the screen where it asks to select a device and shows how much storage/disks it will take to fully copy files, nothing in the listbox appears. Help.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Erecovery will only allow you to install drivers on the drive that contains the recovery partition. What drivers are you trying to load? Are they not downloadable on our support site? Erecovery is really only designed to work on the original system configuration.

• MarcusOy
    MarcusOy Member Posts: 4 New User

Sorry for the late reply.

I've called Acer tech support about downloading drivers from the website, but they have told me that I have an outdated model and they removed the drivers for my computer from the website. They have told me that I can do a fresh OEM reinstall of Windows 7 from the ERecovery program that I have on my hardrive that I did not format just yet, which also includes my recovery partition. But, since I have already installed a fresh, vanilla version of Windows 7, I do not need the OEM installed, just the drivers. All I'm asking is for the reason why I seem to not be able to use a flash drive for copying the drivers I need.

Here is a picture of when I want to copy the drivers to a device, but the drop down menu is greyed out.

http://imgur.com/cmayiGJ

I guess the program relies on a working CD drive, which I do not have, so...

I've seen tutorials on the Acer Youtube channel for copying this stuff onto a USB, but the drop down menu is still greyed out, even when there is a USB connected.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Sorry, but this function was not supported to USB in Windows 7. My only suggestion at this point would be to install the OEM copy that includes all of the drivers. If you send me a PM, I can work with you on getting some recovery media.