Secure Boot disabled by default latest UEFI

I flashed the latest Bios/UEFI firmware for Aspire desktop TC-605 (P21.A4) and loaded the defaults.  I noticed that the default setting for Secure Boot is disabled.  Is this normal?  I read the document below and it says Secure Boot is enabled by default.  It's not a big deal for me to enable it, but I would think the default behavior would be enabled for security reasons.

http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27071/~/how-to-enable-or-disable-secure-boot

Also, I've been reading all of the recent mouse, audio, and video issues on this forum.  I wasn't having those problems until I flashed this latest firmware.  Now I've got them too.  Shortly after I flashed the firmware, I noticed that ACER/pokki updated some stuff.  So I'm not sure if the new UEFI or pokki caused the problem.....or if it's pure coincidence.

I see where people are talking about Microsoft updates being the problem.  I had those updates and didn't have the problem. The onset of the problem occured with either the new UEFI firmware or ACER/pokki START update.

Has anyone confirmed from Microsoft that there is a problem on their end?  The only computers that I'm reading about having all these recent problems are ACER computers.  Can anyone point me to a any forum link that shows non-ACER computers having this same mouse,audio/video problem?

I'm not an Acer employee.