Screen freezes when installing Windows 7 Pro to Acer Veriton X4640G

Options
Encyc
Encyc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Please help. I have new 6 x Acer Veriton X4640G with free DOS os. I am trying to install Windows 7 Pro but it freezes on the install windows.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Encyc
    Encyc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I already asked help from Acer technical support. they advised me to create a bootable usb drive that has an Windows7 Pro OS and USB3.0 as well.. I able to install the windows, however when i try to put a username and computer name my screen freezes again. could you help me resolve this? Thanks in advance

• IronFly
    Options

what's your BIOS version?

• verzasoft
    verzasoft Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem.

I made a usb stick (with Rufus) containing Windows 7 Pro x64:

• making with "MBR for BIOS or UEFI-CSM" [NTFS] and starting with CSM=always and legacy bios, the usb stick starts but freezes at the first installer screen
    • making with "MBR for UEFI" [NTFS] or "GPT for UEFI" [FAT32] and starting with UEFI, it leads to a black error screen:IMG_20170309_205246 (Small).jpg

I don't have a clue.

• IronFly
    Options

3 options:

1) check if any BIOS update is available for your PC and update it (you need to have a working windows installation), hoping the BIOS update will fix it

2) send a PM to the user on the other discussion i linked and hope he will reply

3) contact Acer support service