Recovering the system

alfred_bowman
alfred_bowman Member Posts: 6 New User

We had to use the recovery disk we had made.  The first time, Internet Explorer wouldn't work properly.  The second time. Windows Update stalled without finding updates that we knew were ready.  Unexpectedly, we were offered offered to make the Acer Factory default recovery disk set and did so.  The thought was that we might have better luck with it.  Now, how do we use it?

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

1. Which version of Windows?
    2. You could also restore your desktop from the factory recovery partition.
    France
  • alfred_bowman

Thanks for your response.  We are running Windows 7 Professional.

• alfred_bowman

By way of explanation.......

I tried to use the recovery set by inserting the first disk.  I expected it to autorun.  It didn't.  I checked Control Panel's Autoplay facility and set Software and games to "Install or run program from your media" and inserted the first disk.  All I got was "Open folder to view files."

The first DVD of the recovery set I made contains:

Folders and files

Boot
    EFI
    CAIA
    Images
    Sources

ACERBOOT_FOLDER.TAG
    BOOTMGR
    RCD.DAT
    Restore.dat

I did not find a file that I recognized as an executable.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

If you still have the original HDD, you can restore your system using Acer eRecovery Management.

To use your recovery DVDs, you have to chance the boot priority order in the bios setup utility and re-start your desktop.

What model do you own exatly?

France
  • alfred_bowman

I finally got the 1st dvd of the Factory recovery dvd set to run.  The rest followed smoothly.  Thanks for your help amd interest.