Problem upgrading the RAM on Veriton X275

Options
Khorneflakes
Khorneflakes Member Posts: 4 New User

So I bought some RAM from Gskill, 2x4GB sticks. Both PC-10600, 1333MHZ. So I remove the old stick of RAM, which was 2GB, place 1 4GB piece in, and when I turn the computer on, it makes a loud, undending beep. The old stick of RAM was also PC-10600, 1333MHZ. It doesn't matter how many times I reseat the new RAM, nor what slot I put it in.

Out of curiosity I turned the computer on with now RAM, and it did the same thing. That makes me think it just can't detect the new RAM for what ever reason. Though at the same time when I used 1 old stick and 1 new stick, it does the same thing.

Is there some trick I need to do to upgrade my meager 2GBs of RAM?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    It seems that you are trying to install a 4 GB module in single slot and is not recognized by the motherboard.
    This model has 2 memory slots, the Memory size per socket is 1GB/2GB that supports DDR3 1066MHz,  1.5V modules.
    The Maximum System Memory Supported is up to 4GB.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Khorneflakes
    Options

Well, I'll give it a shot, 2GB kingston ram on the way. I will mention whether or not it works, if you don't hear back in 2 weeks assume it was solved.

• Khorneflakes
    Options

Nope didn't work, I got Kingston brand(same as the one that came with the computer), and its PC 10600, 1333 MHZ, and 1.5V. Identicle to the Ram stick that came with it. It still beeps when I install it. If I remove the compatible stick of RAM and just put the new one it, it still beeps. It doesn't matter how I set it up. The computer just won't accept anything other than the RAM it came with.

What has to be done to make it work? This computer would actually be decent if I can get 4Gigs in it.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Can you please post the BIOS version of your X275?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Khorneflakes
    Options

I took it to a local pc repair shop, and they were able to find a compatible stick of RAM, it took them a while and they were surprised that the motherboard was so picky over which RAM it accepts. So in the end they got it working.

My computer is a Vertion X275, I guess the Acer emplyees would know better than me what motherboard I have and just what exactly it is compatible with.