Outlook Stops Sending and Receiving after a few hours then Browser stops working

Bingo
Bingo Member Posts: 4 New User
I just set up a new Acer Aspire AXC-603-UR10 Running Window 8.1 (along with two others which are Identical). I installed Microsoft Office 365. Outlook works fine for a while but eventually it stops sending and receiving, usually after a few hours. Google Chrome usually stops working shortly there after. When you restart the computer it goes back to working normally. There is another computer that is identical on the same network with the same software and it has no problems so far. Does anyone have any idea what to look for? Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

i would check data connection, since you told that both outlook and chrome didn't work after a while.

are you using wifi or ethernet?

if you will have this issue again, try to do a ping test to google.com

windows key logo + s

type

command prompt

click on it

type

ping google.com

check for results, packet lost or unreachable

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Bingo
    Bingo Member Posts: 4 New User

Thanks for the Tip,

There was no problems with the connection,

The problem seem to come from the Mcaffe Security packagethat came installed on the system. After several days of trying to fix it we just unistalled McAfee and went to Eset NOD32 which is the Security product we had been using in the past. All our problem seem to be gone now and our emails and internet is much faster. 

Thanks again for the Tip it is much appreciated.