My ax3400-e4502 started running extremely slowly.

Options
creichert
creichert Member Posts: 1 New User

Tried going back to previous stored version but could not find one. Decided to use restore disk but no it wont go past setup is starting services where it hangs and tells me it encountered unexpected errors and wants to restart. On restart it comes to same point.

Answers

• Durand1981
    Durand1981 Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

Sounds like possible malware or viruses, i personally would avoid backing anything up and wiping the drive with a fresh install of windows.

I am assuming your not getting any errors pop up such as dead ram or similar, if it was HD i would imagine there would be no prior warning i know mine went on my imac running windows 8.1 on bootcamp (but i dont recall how i came across the issue).

If your sure its NOT hardware i would go ahead and do a clean re install before any malware or virus kills your HD or worse, not 100% what the worst case is for those problems but i would avoid it before it becomes and issue.

And by pass the restore it wont resolve the issue if its malware or virus as its on your drive now (IF) that indeed is the problem.

P.S

I should also note that before taking such drastic measures maybe a clean out of your hard drive such as deletion of any unneeded softwares etc, then defrag that may also be an issue....