My Acer desktop PC can't read a Verbatim Pro UHS-I SDHC 16gb-233X card. Is there a driver update?

Options
SemiNerd
SemiNerd Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My desktop PC can't read a Verbatim 'Pro UHS-I SDHC' 16gb-233X Card. The desktop PC is an Acer Aspire AM1641-E3750A running Windows 7, 64bit. When I inserted the SD card in the slot identified as 'SD' on the desktop PC, it appeared in Windows Explorer to be 'loading the computer'. Unfortunately, no data currently on the SD card appeared in a Windows Explorer icon. I was able to get the SD card to work on a Toshiba laptop running Windows Vista 64bit after installing a driver to update its SD slot. Is there an updated driver available for my desktop pc noted above? Thanks for any help you can give.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

I would suggest checking our support page for all update drivers for your model and operating system. If there are none available, then we may no longer support driver updates for this model.

An alternative solution would be to copy all your data off that SD card on to another source, then format the drive using the Acer computer to see if that helps and allows your Acer desktop to recognize the card.

• SemiNerd
    SemiNerd Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Dear Ryan,

Thanks for responding to my request for help.

I did check Acer's support page for update drivers and could not find my model. It appears Acer does not support the AM1641 Desktop model anymore.

Your alternative answer might work if my desktop could at least read that there is an SD card in the SD slot. Windows Explorer does not show any device has been added to the desktop at all. All I see in Windows Explorer when I insert the SD card are the permanent hard drives under 'Computer' and the Nework icon.

I will check out the links you added below the response.

If anything comes to mind after you read this response please let me know.

Tks.