My Acer Veritron x4630G wont boot. When I power up, it just get a continuous beep

Options
Kevbus
Kevbus Member Posts: 3 New User

I used the machine last night and all was fine. This morning when I powered up, I just get a continuous high pitched sound eminating from the speaker. This will only cease if I unplug the powewr supply cable. As soon as I plug in again the same thing happens. I have unplugged all periphal connections and tried with just the mouse, keyboard and monitor plugged in but to no avail. Help......

Best Answer

• Kevbus
    Answer ✓
    Options

from other posts, I solved the problem. Unplugged  the power supply from the mains and held the power button on for about 15 secs then plugged in the powere supply again and it booted fine. Thanks

Answers

• Kevbus
    Answer ✓
    Options

from other posts, I solved the problem. Unplugged  the power supply from the mains and held the power button on for about 15 secs then plugged in the powere supply again and it booted fine. Thanks

• Kevbus
    Options

This machine was bought new about 2 years ago and is used in an office environment. I recently had a problem with booting up which I was able to solve using some of the remedies I found on other forum posts. Now the lan port is dead and the only way Ican connect to the internet is via an adapter and a usb port. This is the second machine where weve had the same problem. When the machines were satill under warranty, we took the first one back to the local Acer agent in South Africa and they changed the whole motherboard. This took about a month. Can anyone suggest some help ?