Malware Removal tool Updates, Defender updates wont load, Ive tried FIX IT...WIN 7 PRO

peaveypro
peaveypro Member Posts: 6 New User

My Acer Aspire 3400 G with WIN 7 Pro wont update Defender or the Malware Removal tools, Ive scanned for Virus, etc none found, dont believe thats the issue, seems it stopped updating Defender and the Malware Removal tool after a Online service I had to have performed...was something turned off I can check, Ive tried singular updates, etc, read the error codes and trid FIX IT, Trouble shooter...Suggestions...Recently upgraded the WIN 7 HOME to PRO....didnt solve the issue....

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    I use free version of MalwareBytes as well as Windows Defender.

Select custom scan. Make sure the "root kit" box is checked.

https://www.malwarebytes.org
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • peaveypro

Still no solution to this WINDOWS UPDATE issue, my Aspire 3400 keeps trying to download definitions for Defender and Malware removal tools and it wont accept and download them, any solutions....Ive recently upgraded my windows form 7 Home to Pro, but that didnt correct the issue.....something is stuck in registry or ??? it trys multiple times im online to download and install and it fails ....Acer Aspire 3400G DESKTOP....

• JordanB

What troubleshooting steps have you taken besides updating to Windows 7 Pro?

The only time that I have fixed a computer with those symptoms was due to a root kit infection.

If it were my computer, I would wipe the hard drive and reinstall windows 7 pro.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rootkit

• peaveypro

Ive run rootkit scans and nothing comes up but Im about to replace the hard drive , Ive used Malware Bytes and others and nothing suspicous comes up, I think when the online repair was done they may have taken more out of the registry or some other deeper issue, the computer works fine downloads all other updates, runs virus scans and works fine, just wont download and install DEFENDER UPDATES... or the Malware Removal tool updates...

• JordanB
  • peaveypro

I believe I have Ill run it tonight, and see if it makes a difference,Thanks

• Jolly
    Jolly Member Posts: 1 New User

If your looking for a Free product Anitivirus I would recommend using Qihoo 360 Total Security + Malwarebytes

for Firewall Comodo Firewall (Free).