Is there a way to manually extract files from the (hidden) Recovery Partition, like drivers?

MarcusOy
MarcusOy Member Posts: 4 New User

I ask that you read this thread here first:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Veriton/So-I-can-t-use-the-E-Recovery-program-to-copy-stuff-to-a-USB/m-p/430257#M3055

So basically, I'm having a problem with the E Recovery program, which will not let me use a USB for drivers to be extracted to, as my CD drive is not functional. No one has given me a solution to that problem, so I was wondering if there is a way to extract the drivers from the recovery partition. I was able to show the partition by using diskpart.exe > selecting the volume > assigning a letter to it. All the files on it were unable to be opened by any program. Is there a way to extract drivers from the recovery partition?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Is the recovery broken beyond not letting you extract to a USB. You could save your data and do a recovery and the drivers would be installed.

Have you tried a USb DVD drive or won't it recognize that?

• MarcusOy
    MarcusOy Member Posts: 4 New User

Well, I'm trying to install to a different storage device, which will be my SSD.

Now that I thought of it, do you think I could to a fresh restore on the HDD using the E Recovery program, upgrade to Windows 10, then use a data migration tool to transfer the OS to the SSD from the HDD?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I sent you a message.