I want to add a default program to Vista. Browse computer doesn't work!

Options
OHenry
OHenry Member Posts: 3 New User

I have *.nzb programs I want to associate with altbinz.exe.  Now, I right click Open With and FireFox appears. Choose Default Program and the recordedprogram is FireFox <sigh> Expanding Other Programs and I get an assorted lot. None of which are appropraite to my purpose. The 'Browse'option get me to the *.exe - but it has NO effect.  How can I add AltBinz to the list of program options permanently?

Answers

• ZundapMan
    ZundapMan Member Posts: 87 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

I think this is a Windows Vista "how to" issue.  There is probably a lot you can find out on the Microsoft web support site for Vista.

• OHenry
    Options

Ha! Ha! I must have taken a wrong turn the first time round and was directed to Acer. After I downloaded a program to detect System Information and winkle the SNID, I was able to join this community.

Thank You for your suggestion.  Just tried Microsoft/Window/Vista... Had to sign in to get to the Support Techs. They called within 10 mins and offered to fix their programs glitch if I paid US$149.

Still looking for a fix. May have hit upon something @ the AltBinz forum. Let me give it a try and report back.

• OHenry
    Options

The answer came from another AltBinz user, actually. The program set-up can be set to "Register NZB extensions to Alt.Binz" Nothing could be easier... if you know how.