I have an ACER M4 Series, Veriton desktop PC, Model number M4618G-Ui5240W that dies with no warning.

ChuckR
ChuckR Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an ACER M4 Series, Veriton desktop PC, Model number M4618G-Ui5240W.  The PC has an Inter Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz, 4 GB of Ram and a 32 bit Operating System .  I am running Windows 10.

Recently it has begun failing during normal operations.  The top ¾ of the monitor will flicker with horizontal lines corrupting the video image, followed by loss of output to the monitor which goes blank.  The PC then either freezes with an annoying beeping sound that continues until I perform a hard shutdown or it completely shuts itself down.

Any ideas what is causing this or what I can do to correct this issue?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

let's try with some basic test.

windows logo key + s

type

mem

window memory test will appear as first result, click it and run a memory test, so we can check if it's a ram issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • ChuckR
    ChuckR Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the information on testing my memory.  I ran the test, with the PC dieing half way throug.  Rebooted and was able to complete the test.  No errors was the response.

I appreciate your help and welcome any other diagnostic ideas you might want to share.

Have a great day.

ChuckR

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

check on Event viewer for any issue:

Windows logo key + x

Event Viewer

on the left side click on windows log and system

check for warning or errors.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RevoMaxx
    RevoMaxx ACE Posts: 458 Pioneer

While your system has a Nice second gen i5 CPU I am sorry to say I think that the issue is your GPU that is built into your CPU is a Intel HD 2000. That system isn't on the Windows 10 List up GPU's that are Window10s supported.

While I don't want to say that your system can't run windows 10 it would just need to have some different Hardware for it to be compatible with Windows 10. I know there are a couple of GPUs that can fit in Acer systems but remember one important thing with some of the higher grade GPUs they would need a better PSU as well...

I wonder why your using a 32bit OS? I know and understand that model came with the ability to run both Windows 7 Pro 32/64 I just wonder why 32? 4gb ram 64bit would have been my Choice. Your case if you needed to update your PSU, a GPU is better in space then some of the SFF system so that is good to konw.... Also if you choose to stay with 10 with some Mods, I would look at maybe doing a upgrade to 10 64bit also. From some tech sheets that I have seen, It seems there isn't a cost change, Would just need to do the Media Creation tool DL the 64BIt win 10 and install it... 

I did install a new GPU and PSU for another sytem that has the i3 2100 so it could run Windows 10 and do well after the upgrades. Before the updagrades the Intel HD 2000 like yours just didn't want to work in HDMI or VGA well. Now no issues.

James