I have an ACER Aspire X1430G Desktop. It got a virus so I had to give it a shot in the rear.

Options
goto17033
goto17033 Member Posts: 3 New User

Ok, now that I have your attention....I really have the above mentioned ACER Aspire X1430G desktop with a virus but no shots administered.  I purchased some e Recovery CD's and when I run them on the computer it gets stuck at the same spot each time.  13/30 installing office 2010.  When I use the entry CTRL F10 at start up it gets stuck at a very similar point. 11/31 installing office 2010.  I have allowed the computer to sit at this stage for over an hour and then would just ALT/CTRL/DEL to get out of that stage and try again or turn off the computer.

What can I try next? 

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

Ed / AKA  goto17033

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

i suggest you to create a bootable USB or CD media from Hiren's boot cd .iso
    http://www.hirensbootcd.org/download/
    unzip the zip file, burn the .iso file to CD or USB pen/external HDD
    then boot from the burned media and choose mini-xp from the options, once in the desktop, double click "command prompt"

then type
    diskpart
    then on diskpart type
    list disk
    take note of the correct disk ID to erase
    type
    select disk x
    (x is the ID of your HDD to erase)
    type
    clean
    type exit

shutdown Mini Xp

now boot from your recovery media

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • goto17033
    goto17033 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I cannot get to the desk top.  It's in a load type mode as described above.  My understanding of computers is also very limited.  I may have to actually pay someone to help me with this.  Thank you for your answer but I am not sure how to perform what you suggest.

Ed