How to open an Aspire z3-105

LK1905
LK1905 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

i've been having a problem with booting my Aspire z3-105. When I try to start up the computer, It beeps 3 times, pauses for a second, then beeps 3 more times, and the computer doesn't boot. Can't get into the BIOS either. I've had the problem in the past before, but usually I can just reboot the computer, and it starts up fine, but now it doesn't.

Having researched the problem, I have found that the most likely problem is dust affecting the RAM. Which seems like and easy fix, just clean the RAM.

However, I have no idea how to actually open the computer. I have managed to take the back leg off, and taken the screws out, but don't know how to slide the case off.

Does anyone have any idea how?

Answers

• LK1905
    LK1905 Member Posts: 4 New User

Also, I forgot to add that when I used to have this problem, the fan would spin really hard for a few seconds, but now I can't hear it at all.

Another question, but does anyone know what beep codes Acer uses? I tried googling and couldn't find anything.

• verchad
    verchad Member Posts: 1 New User

If you still have it, I found this how to vid on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLZjqSff8_A

• Pimmo
    Pimmo Member Posts: 2 New User

I have been having the same problem...three beeps then three more but computer still won't boot.....did you solve the problem and if you did, how? Cleaned the ram cards but no change.