Help DVD drive is not working properly

Scilla
Scilla Member Posts: 2 New User

I purchase the Aspire x AXC-603g-UW15 with windows 8.1 64bit, that says it has a DVD Super Muti drive about 4 months ago. I finally received the Microsoft Office software and I tried to put the CD in to install. At first the DVD drive would open part way and close quickly. So I shut the computer down for a little bit and came back to it, turn ite on the DVD opened I inserted the disc and it will not read that disc or any other disc. I have tried all diffetence types and it will not read any. I have only used the drive sucessfully once.  I have been trying to use it for the pass three weeks with no sucess. I have tried many tips and tricks that I have found but non have worked. When I check the DVD in the device manager it says it is working properly. When I do get the disc loaded it does not see the disc and does not sound like it is reading the disc. I do not get any message from it. When I go into the file explorer to computer to the dvd drive and click it ask to insert disc, but the disc is already in the drive. Can someone please help me with this

Thanks

Mslittlep

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it sounds like a faulty DVD reader but...are you able to check if the SATA cable connected to the DVD is well plugged?

you can also try to uninstall the DVD driver from Device Manager, reboot and check if windows recognises it.

press windows key logo + x

select Device manager

click on DVD/CD rom

right click on the DVD reader

select uninstall

click ok

when did it...reboot and try again with your Office installation disk.

if this doesn't work...give a call to Acer service support since it's still under warranty.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Scilla
    Scilla Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you Windows does recognize the dvd drive. I Have tried uninstall and reboot serveral times and still will not work.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

ok, time to call Acer service support. Smiley Happy

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • br2
    br2 Member Posts: 1 New User

Acer laptop shut off while watchingDVD. Now I get"DvD is running"It must be closed.Please,how do I get back in to do so? I'm a newbe and would hope you would email me suggestions! ***    THANK YOU!!!

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]