Display adapter set to Standard VGA Graphics Adapter on Aspire AX3950

mcampos
mcampos Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello,

I have a Aspire AX3950 that came with Windows 7 Home. I had to re-image the machine to Windows 7 Professional so I could install Visual Studio 2013. I got the software from my MSDN Subscription.

After successfully reimaging the machine, the system only recognizes one of my monitors. It was working properly with the same two monitors before the windows update. I checked the Display Adapter and it shows "Standard VGA Graphics Adaper". It was my mistake for not checking the adapter before updating the system. From what I have found on the internet, this AX3950 has a graphic card coupled with the mother board. My question is, how can I get the original Display adapter working again? 

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

drivers can be found them here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/2187;-;Aspire%20X3950

to know what's your VGA, double click on the standard VGA adapter on device manager, select "details" tab, from the drop down menu choose "hardwareIDs", select the first string, copy and paste to google and look if it's Intel, nvidia or ATI.

then select from the link above the proper drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

drivers can be found them here:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/2187;-;Aspire%20X3950

to know what's your VGA, double click on the standard VGA adapter on device manager, select "details" tab, from the drop down menu choose "hardwareIDs", select the first string, copy and paste to google and look if it's Intel, nvidia or ATI.

then select from the link above the proper drivers.

• mcampos
    mcampos Member Posts: 2 New User

IronFly, One of the drivers worked and I am back in business. Thank you so much, I really appreciate the help!!!!!

• IronFly
    You welcome. Smiley Happy