Calling any Veriton 6800 users...

Options
Spad
Spad Member Posts: 3 New User

I have an old but sturdy 6800 with a problem I believe is due to an outdated bios. Once the system shuts down it will not respond to the power on switch until it has been unplugged wait 30 seconds and than replugged. It has the latest and last updates to Windows XP and I believe the original bios version R03-A2. Various tweaking of power configurations in windows and the bios has had no effect. I found bios version R04-A0 online and am considering flashing but wanted to get forum input before venturing down this potentially disastrous path. Any thoughts? Thanks a bunch.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Spad

I'm not a Veriton 6800 user, but can I ask a couple of questions?

1. Has it always done that or is it relatively a recent thing?

2. Why do you want to switch your PC on just after shutting down?

• Spad
    Options

A nonprofit I recently come to volunteer for acquired this machine some time ago and said it has not worked in a year so I don't know the background. It in fact does work just fine but has this annoying behavior. To clarify, the machine will not respond to the front panel power on switch after shutdown until it has been replugged whether that be one minute or one month later. Some online searching suggested an ACPI incompatability between the current configuration of XP and the current bios version. I could just hook the machine up to a power strip and leave instructions to turn off the power strip after the machine shuts off but that's a little scroogy and I would like to correct the problem if possible.

• Spad
    Options

Update, went ahead and updated bios but the problem still persists. Guess I'll live with it.