Captain
Captain Member Posts: 6 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Correction.  I hear background noise as well as my Contact

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    Go to your desktop and right-click the sound icon (the one that looks like speakers) and select “Recording Devices”.
    Click the default microphone of the computer, then the Properties button, then the “Levels” tab.
    Check the bar that says “Microphone Boost”. Make sure that the tab is all the way to the left to disable it. This decreases your microphone’s sensitivity to background noise.  Click the “OK” button to save your new settings.

If you have Realtek HD Audio Manager, open this up as well from your computer tray by right clicking it and selecting ” sound manager”.
    Click the Microphone Tab, and the Microphone Boost button (the one on the right of the recording volume slide bar). Make sure it’s set at 0 decibels. You can also choose to click the Noise Suppression button, which also helps reduce background noise for your microphone.

• Captain
    Options

Thanks very much for the prompt professional reply.  I may need some local help.  Eventually I will report back.

• Captain
    Options

Whie following directions i sonehow lost sound for Skype.  In the suond test I did not hear my voice.  Your assistance please

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you able to hear audio through your speakre or headphone while using other application or playing audio files?

• Captain
    Options

Sound is OK except for Skype.

• Captain
    Options

As previously stated I did have sound for Skype when bringing this subject up.  After following directions given to solve the problem I lost sound completely.