BIOS SATA MODE: RAID option M4640G

Options
gpateman
gpateman Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello,

I have found some similar posts in the Predator and Aspire forums, but none solve my dillema.

I am migrating a Intel Rapid Storage Technology RAID 1 from a Veriton M670G (where it was created) to a new M4640G. 

The M4640G chipset is a Intel 100 Series/C230 which I think supports RAID (unless there are several types of that chipset and I am missing something) but the SATA Mode in the BIOS only has an AHCI option, no RAID.

When I have the RAID array plugged in (2, 2TB drives), windows 10 sees the it but the Intel Rapid Storage Technology Application does not (it does see the drives and volume in its System Report) and it gives a warning (without much detail). From my reading this seems to be because RAID is not selected in the BIOS, but I am unable to do that given the lack of option.

Is there a way to get this option in the BIOS? The current settings have "Launch CSM" set to Always.

Thanks,

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

i can't find any reference about RAID BIOS option, so your model supports only SATA AHCI and IDE mode, no RAID.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers