Aspire-603G-UW13 video and sound drivers

Options
druidish
druidish Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My daughter just me this computer for an early Christmas present since the motherboard and hard drive went out on my old comp.  After spending a few days trying to figure out shortcuts, etc with Win 8.1 (old comp had Vista) I decided to update all my drivers.  I found the page for my system and updated everything I had, but I am confused about something.  The video driver is showing the correct version, but the date is still showing as 18 Nov 2013, while on the support page it shows a date of 21 Oct 2014.  The same for the audio driver, the version is the same as the page, but the date is months different.

I play online games and I am having game issues that the tech support needs a dxdiag for and they wont stop harping about the date discrepency.  Is this a normal problem or do a need a different driver?  My old comp had Nvidia and this one is Intel.  

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

You can try to uninstall the old drivers and the install the new one downloaded from the Acer support website.

this doesn't mean that you will find a newer date (worth a try), since the Acer date is the published date on the Acer website, not the drivers build date.

I'm not an Acer employee.