Acer Media app replaced with abmedia app

Options
ply-dp
ply-dp Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Recently my acer media app upgraded to a newer version but also is named differently as abmedia.  The abmedia app will not autorun when a DVD is inserted and abmedia is not an available option in the autorun utility.  How can this be repaired or do I have to uninstall abmedia and reinstall the older version of acer media?

Best Answer

• tinalee
    tinalee Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi ply-dp,

Thanks for your report.

The problem you mentioned about auto-play is confirmed as an issue and there will be a release for issue fixed recently.

Answers

• jaclou
    jaclou Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Probably, that's sure.

• ply-dp
    Options

Well, as expected, uninstalled new abmedia and reinstalled original acermedia from recovery.  With that accomplished, it now will autoplay a DVD, but as soon as acermedia opens, it tells me I MUST upgrade before going any further (even though it continues to play the movie).  IF this is a replacement for acermedia created by acer, they have left out a link for auto play.  Now with the new app again updated, when I insert a DVD I get an error "application not found"

The new app will play the movie just fine, but autoplay cannot be configured...

• tinalee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi ply-dp,

Thanks for your report.

The problem you mentioned about auto-play is confirmed as an issue and there will be a release for issue fixed recently.

• ply-dp
    Options

Thank you Tinalee for the response and the explanation that a fix is forth coming.  I will look forward to it.

• volador007
    volador007 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi tinalee,

My abMedia app will not play DVD's at all and I have already checked the app for updates and it says it is current. What should I do?

• jaclou
    jaclou Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

I know this problem. I think there is one solution and I took this one : do not make the updates for acer media.That works.

• tinalee
    Options

Hi volador007,

For the abMedia auto-play issue, it has been fixed on the latest version.

Please upgrade to the latests version 2.06.2001 and try it again.

If you still have questions, please do not hestitate to post again.

Thank you.

• tinalee
    Options

Hi volador007,

For DVD playing, please follow the steps to restore the preloaded version then upgrade to the latest version.

1. Open Acer Recovery Management on Windows

Acer Recovery Management.jpg

2. Click Acer Media or clear.fi Media

Acer Resource Center.jpg

3. Find Acer Media or clear.fi Media in the Contents list and click the button in the Install column to reinstall the software

4. Launch Acer Media or clear.fi Media and upgrade it to the latest version v2.06.2001

After upgrading to abMedia last version, please try it again.

If you still have questions about DVD playing, please use "Send Feedback" to contact us.

http://support.cloud.acer.com/ENG/Home/Index/30?FaqDID=2005005-Windows-ENG

Thank you.