Acer Aspire saying no driver found, third time this has happened

commanderx777
commanderx777 Member Posts: 4 New User

I just bought this Acer Aspire desktop PC about a month ago. Every week it seems to boot me offline and when I try to reconnect it says "Driver not found please reinstall driver" When I go to look and check the driver it says drivers are working fine. It still won't connect to the internet.  When I try to open the device manager  it doesn't give me an option to fix it as I have before by clicking any options and checking  to see if my settings have been changed ( as they have changed by themselves before) This is frustrating as I use my computer for work and this has been going on now  at least every week but this time I am unable to fix it. Any solutions? This is my first Acer and I think it's a terrible computer at this point. The last 2 times I have had to wipe the PC clean and start over, losing all my important documents and pictures. Very unhappy.

Best Answer

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

can you plese post desktop model and installed OS?

are you using wifi or ethernet adapter?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • commanderx777

I will take a look when I get home and reply to this tomorrow night while at work. Thank you for getting back to me. I know when I click on "Device manager" to try and find the "Device settings" it doesn't give me the "Device settings" option anymore like it did before to reset the driver. That is how I fixed it the last time. I will be in touch tomorrow night, thank you for your time

• commanderx777

I am using an Ethernet adapter, model axc-603g-uw13 desktop. I use internet explorer to get online.  I had to wipe the computer clean and it cleared up on it's own again. Still never know when it's going to stop working. I took off the free MacAfee anti virus protection as I read that might mess it up. I am not sure what to do because I can't store any work on my computer if it keeps doing this. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

I would change the ethernet cable with a new one, then download this driver:

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/Driver/Lan/Lan_Realtek_8.29.314.2014_W81x64_A.zip?acerid=635657872983080889&Step1=DESKTOP&Step2=ASPIRE&Step3=ASPIRE%20XC-603G&OS=81P1&LC=en&BC=ACER&SC=PA_6

and install it.

check if your ethernet adpater still disconnect.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • commanderx777

Awesome, thank you I will do this and hopefully works out Smiley Happy

• bigjohn_43701
    bigjohn_43701 Member Posts: 4 New User

Same problem with mine, less than a week old. Have had same problem with other Windows 8.1 and 10 computers deleting the drivers.  Thanks for the information on obtaining the drivers. Works perfectly again.