Acer Aspire 603G

Options
raifordgirl
raifordgirl Member Posts: 5 New User

I've searched online & been unable to find an answer to my problem.  I bought my Acer "refurbished" from Walmart & ended up having to buy the thumbdrive to reinstall the OS.  Not a big deal considering what I paid for it & had an Acer before & loved it.  However, yesterday my moniter would go black for just a second or two, then come back on.  I got a message that said, (and this is as close as I can get to it because it goes away so fast), "Display driver Intel HD graphics failed & recovered."  I've searched for updated drivers or another solution to this problem & have been unsuccessful.  I am running Windows 8.1 with a 500GB hard drive & a 1TB external hard drive, 4GB memory, which I will be increasing to the max of 8GB if I can find a solution to this driver issue.  Is it a hardware issue in my CPU or is it my monitor that is the problem?  Will appreciate any help I can get!

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,053 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

I don't know what you've done exactly so... I give you more details:

1- If you have saved the zipped file in the Intel folder, move it in your Documents folder and go to #3.

2- Download the driver stated in my previous reply and save in your Documents folder.

3- Extract the .zip file (see zip and unzip files Microsoft tutorial)

4- Open the new folder (unzipped) and double-click the Setup.exe to start the driver installation.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

I guess you have an Aspire XC-603G. In this case, you can install this Intel VGA driver (Windows 8.1-64 bit):

VGAIntelVGA Driver10.18.10.3355375.2 MB2014/10/21Download
    France
  • raifordgirl
    Options

You guessed right Laurent.  I downloaded & installed the drivers you suggested, the instructions didn't say where to install them so I installed in C;\intell & hope that is the right place.  I will let you know if that solves my problem & please let me know if I installed the driver in the wrong place because I will uninstall & do over.  Thank you for your help!Smiley Happy

• raifordgirl
    Options
    Either not installed in the right place or did not work as my screen just went black again. ~Sigh~ Hopefully its just a matter of installing it in the wrong directory.
  • laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello,

I don't know what you've done exactly so... I give you more details:

1- If you have saved the zipped file in the Intel folder, move it in your Documents folder and go to #3.

2- Download the driver stated in my previous reply and save in your Documents folder.

3- Extract the .zip file (see zip and unzip files Microsoft tutorial)

4- Open the new folder (unzipped) and double-click the Setup.exe to start the driver installation.

France
  • raifordgirl
    Options

Thank you very much Laurent_14, that seems to have fixed my problem.  Would love to know why that download was not available on Acer's website though, I can't be the only person that has had this problem.  In any event, I have not had any more problems since downloading the drivers.  Thank you!

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

You're welcome!Smiley Happy

This download is available on the Acer website. I already gave you the link in my previous reply: Aspire XC-603G

France
  • raifordgirl
    Options

Perhaps I was too model specific & that's why I couldn't find it because after you sent me that link I went back & looked and still didn't see it.  In any case, thank you!!