Acer Ag3-605-UR1c still crashing after service...Disgruntled Consumer

Options
pxalpha97
pxalpha97 Member Posts: 15 New User

So I purchased an Acer AG3-605-UR1C in November and ever since the store warranty ran out I've been having issues.  The game freezes every time I play a game, specifically World of Warcraft. The system has more than enough memory, CPU speed, etc. to meet the minimum requirements for WOW but it doesn't seem to run the game without issue.

I tried taking it back to the store where I purchased it, but they had a 30 day warranty/return policy that expired so I had to send them system back to Acer to be repaired. About 4 days ago, I received my computer back from Acer and it was running fine (so I thought) until I started playing WOW on the system. After about 40 minutes the screen froze again, the same issue I had prior to sending it to Acer. I thought the issue had been resolved as the Acer techs stated that a new BIOS install was needed to resolve the issue, apparently that's not the case as I'm still having the same problem. At this point, I'm extremely disappointed with Acer. I purchased the system because it was suppose to support gaming but it's not stable and constantly freezes. I can't get my money back from the store that sold it to me because it's already past the warranty and Acer doesn't seem to know how to fix the problem. This will be my last time buynig an Acer product and I'll certainly tell me family and friends to do the same. At this point, if they can't fix my system, then I would like a refund from Acer but I'm sure that won't happen.

Answers

• jaclou
    jaclou Member Posts: 138 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Options

Sorry for your troubles. I have the same G3605. I bought it 14 months ago. Problems with it makes me return the pc many times(6 or 7 ). Acer changed the pc 3 times.(thanks) But G3605 is a good one though. For reading my mails.... For chat with employees from MacAfee...or Swisscom...for suppressing files:it does this action with very great power... Ha! streaming is a big problem for me! You tube VOD always sent me very little interruptions. I have all TRIED to understand from where comes the inefficiency:but nothing works! Games:14 months ago I tried one:same as you,crash.No more games with it.Don't be angry with the manufacturer:I think I.T. IS a big problem.I suggest to you the book of Josef Weizenbaum "Computer Power and Human Reason". This reading killed all my angers with I.T. I wish you a happy new year!

• pxalpha97
    Options

My problem with the manufacturer is that they are promoting this system as a gaming computer yet it's unable to support and play games without issue. That's false adverstising. I didn't purchase the computer to read emails, post in Acer forums and search for solutions to fix the PC, I purchased it because Acer stated it was built for gaming. This is my second time sending it back, hopefully they can fix the problem.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Sorry for the problems you are having playing WOW. I would like to clarify that the system is classified as a gaming system because it has hardware that meets the minimum specifications of many games currently on the market. The system should not have any problems running WOW, so there may be other factors preventing the game from operating properly, such as a problem with the game installation, software conflicts with other third party software on the system, internet connectivity issues or lag, application settings in WOW, or many other factors. I have sent you a private message requesting additional information, and look forward to working with you to help you resolve the problems you are having.

• pxalpha97
    Options

Thanks for contacting me. I've already sent the PC back to Acer. As for possible conflicts, I've run the system with nothing installed except WOW and the system still freezes.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Glad you were able to get the system sent in to us. If it is crashing with no conflicts, there very well could be a hardware problem. If you continue to have problems, please reach out to me via private message.

• pxalpha97
    Options

Just wanted to provide an update. So I sent the system back to Acer and they were unable to identify and resolve the problem.  Since they couldn't fix the issue, they offered to replace it with another computer, which I received two days ago. Since then I have been gaming non-stop on the system as a way of testing it and I'm happy to say no issue thus fair. Maybe I got a bad computer or a bad graphics card but the new one seems to be performing just fine.  Thanks for all the feedback.