Acer 2620

Mach
Mach Member Posts: 14 New User

A friend gave me a couple of these thin clients from his business that folded.  No usernames or passwords.  Is there any way to wipe these and make 'em useful?  Right now they're paperweights.

Thanks!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,050 Trailblazer

Hello,

If the desktop(s) still have their original HDDs, you can restore Windows from the factory recovery partition.

1. Do you know the version of Windows?
    2. Is a Veriton N2620G model?
    France
  • Mach
    Yeah. Windows 7 but I can't.get logged on... no usernames or passwords for these things. I try to get into BIOS but I run Ito the same problem
  • Mach
    A d it is a Veriton 2620sg
  • Mach
    Make that 2620g
  • laurent_14

Hello,

Follow this procedure to restore Windows and apps to defaults factory. You'll be able to create a new account and password like a new computer.

France
  • Mach

Thanks so much for the reply.  I gave that procedure a try and after the Acer logo screen the machine went into the Windows Error Recovery menu.  Bummer.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to reply.  Any other thoughts?

• laurent_14

Hello,

May be you will be able to reset the password in using this tutorial or with this kind of software.

France
  • Mach
    I ended up taking the machine apart and pulling the battery leads from the motherboard to reset the BIOS password. That allowed me to reset the boot device oder to the USB. From there the reset was easy with a jump drive configured as a bootable disc.

Thank you to everyone who responded!