AOP framework crash on Aspire win 8.1. all apps are up to date

Options
jbarberdoyle
jbarberdoyle Member Posts: 2 New User

I have had this problem since day one.  Little winged box floats up from the bottom of the screen.  What is going on?  This system is surprisingly slow.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

The AOP framework is the the Acer cloud application.

Launch Acer Portal, right-click the Acer Portal icon in the system tray Click

Send Feedback.  Type in your question and check Share system data and log then click Notify me via Email.

Click Submit to send your information to the Acer BYOC apps team.

• tinalee
    tinalee Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi jbarberdoyle,

For the problem you mentioned, you could try the solution below:

1) Go to [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features] and uninstall the app you want to use and [AOP Framework]

Acer BYOC Apps for Windows: Acer Portal, abMedia, abPhoto, abDocs and abFiles

2) Please download and install the app you want to use on Windows PC from Acer BYOC Apps website. Acer BYOC Apps download website: https://www.cloud.acer.com/downloads

3) Make sure both the app you want to use and [AOP Framework] are in [Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features], then launch the app you want to use shortcut on the desktop to use.

4) After updating, check if the version is latest one.

Acer Portal: v3.03.2002

abMedia: v2.06.2001

abPhoto: v3.00.2013

abDocs: v1.05.2003

abFiles: v2.00.3009

If the issue still happened, please do not hesitate to post again or contact us via acercloud_support@cloud.acer.com to let us know the app you want to use and the screenshot of the error message.

Thank you.

• jbarberdoyle
    jbarberdoyle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Nope.  When I right click, all I get is "close window", "pin to start" or "Acer Portal". 

• tinalee
    tinalee Member Posts: 38 Troubleshooter
    Options

Hi jbarberdoyle,

Launch Acer Portal then you can see a tray icon in the system tray.

R-click on Acer Portal tray icon and find Send Feedback.

Refer to the below link:

http://support.cloud.acer.com/ENG/Home/Index/10?FaqDID=2005005-Windows-ENG

Thank you.