VN7-571G fan shuts down in stress = overheating

Options
lucachenko
lucachenko Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I have 4 months old acer aspire VN7-571G-57MX. It has worked correctly before but now i have noticed for the last week that every time the machine is under hard stress mostly gaming, the fan does not work. I hear semi loud high pitch noice coming from the laptop but no fan sound and no air current. Ofcourse this means that the laptop overheats and i cannot use it as intended.. If I enter the desktop and wait around 10 mins for the computer to cool down, THEN the fan starts and the high pitching noice stops. So the fan actually works but only when no stress is applied to computer. The fan only shuts down in stress, which is ofcourse the opposite that it should be doing.

I havent installed anything new lately, drivers are up to date:

Model HD Graphics Family Device ID 8086-0A16 Driver version 10.18.10.3643

GTX 850M = Driver version 353.30

Anyone experienced anything similar?

I am thinking about updating the intel chipset with the intel drivers update utility and discarding acer installed ones but it says that it might cause techical issues. But can it be worse then this? Smiley Tongue

Answers

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi lucachenko,

Make sure all updates are installed, you can try installing the intel drivers of course but i think you might have to end up contacting support because overheating and fan issues are not any good for your laptop and the more you keep using it like that the more problems are going to start appearing. 

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• Pikapi
    Pikapi Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hey! I have the exact same problem as you! Have you figure out a way to solve it yet?

• lucachenko
    lucachenko Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi,

the laptop went to warranty service and they changed the motherboard. The laptop works better now, but still the problem persist from time to time. Not as often as it used to though. But still annoying as hell. I am thinking of making a video as a proof for the warranty service case and returning this to the service if the problem occurs next time.

They did not find what caused the problem back then and most likely just tried something which is not the complete solution to the problem.

• Majekaz
    Majekaz Member Posts: 110 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options

Acer release VN7-571G with bug, because all people have same problem

• Pikapi
    Options
    I brought my laptop to acer warranty service in Singapore. They replaced my cooling module(the fans and whatever else i have no idea) and it works fine now!
  • Majekaz
    Options

How long you have repaired pc?

• Pikapi
    Options
    About 3months
  • Majekaz
    Options

And you dont hear strange noise?