why is my VN7-591G-792U blackedition missing coolboost and dust defender from the quick access?

linsheng12345
linsheng12345 Member Posts: 3 New User

Just brought it and i can find the coolboost and dust defender from quick access. there is only blue light option showing. please help tryed reinstall but nothing works. 

Best Answer

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I agree with you, but unfortunately I can tell you that I own a 591G for almost one year and I never had coolboost or Dustdefender option on it. I think on this notebook this features don't exist.

Answers

• sharky25k

Hi,

May I ask you if you had before coolboost? Or you rely on the fact that is stated somewhere that your notebook should have coolbost.

While it is written on acer webpage that acer nitro should have these technologies, not all the models have these features. I have also a 591G and I never saw anywhere the coolbost feature.I think is a feature for 79x notebooks and 592G.

However, you can try using notebook fan control which will allow you to set the fan speeds.

• linsheng12345
    Well 591G or 592G they are all under aspire v nitro family they should have the same feature.
  • sharky25k
    Answer ✓

Hi,

I agree with you, but unfortunately I can tell you that I own a 591G for almost one year and I never had coolboost or Dustdefender option on it. I think on this notebook this features don't exist.

• linsheng12345
    Thanks a lot just making sure that I'm getting that right product.
  • Astropipe
    Astropipe Member Posts: 1 New User

HERE IS THE SOLUTION

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/5636?b=1

GO TO APPLICATION AND DOWNLOAD THE TWO DRIVERS

on windows 8 it was standard, now I had to look to the community to find it myself and end there. 

All works fine now