webcam not working acer vn7-791g - a real pickle

kitsebastianpop
kitsebastianpop Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello i use a acer vn7-791g. Whenever i load 'camera' i get the message :to get started, connect a camera'. It is not listed either on device manager. I would download the driver, but it doesen't work, perhaps because i'm using windows 8.1 Also, unfortunately, no matter how many different times i try, Acer Recovery Management doesen't load up, i give administrative rights, then nothing. It's really starting to get my goat. all i want is to use my webcam. Basically i just want to download the webcam driver. i doubt the camera cable has fallen out. i am from england if anyone needs to know

Answers

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Please download the Windows driver for your camera.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • kitsebastianpop
    kitsebastianpop Member Posts: 2 New User

did you not read my message? would that it were be that simple, would that it were Acer-Karp. but i am disgruntled, i have installed the driver many times, but you only offer the one for windows 10, and it doesen't work, i am windows 8 btw if you did not thoroughly read my last post. come on acer, you can do better than this

• Karp-Acer_Retired
    Karp-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 2,599 Guru

Hello kitsebastianpop,

I apologize the inconvenience of your camera not working.

Would you kindly send me the serial number for your laptop in a private message, so I can check to see how can we help you with this issue.

minimizar para MAXIMIZAR.

Descubra a mais recente e inovadora tecnologia que chegará no mercado, next@acer.
  • Zephyrv
    Zephyrv Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hey man, have a read of this thread http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Camera-Driver-VN7-592G/m-p/447092#M11279

If it's still under warranty send it in, they sent mine back really quick no fuss