vn7-791 bluetooth problem

Options
wobawu
wobawu Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with bluetooth problem on my vn7-791g Win10x64.

The bluetooth just stoped working one day, and in windows device manager i find:

"unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) with erro 43"

(Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&20ce3a11&0&6)

I can't see any bluetooth device ( I could when it was working). I unninstaled and reinstaled bluetooth drivers from acer support page couple of times, the installation runs correctly, but still bluetooth doesn not work. I also unninstalled the unknown device but after refreshing the device manager it shows the same problem..

Is the unnkown device connected with the bluetooth problem or it's just another porblem with my USB hub or something?

I have tried so many things already and still can't fix the problem. I would appreciate if anyone could give me a tip on this.

Thank you in advance!

Simon

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Simon

Is your Bluetooth adaptor built in to the laptop or are you using a separate device (IE, a USB dongle)?

1. If it is built in to your laptop, then perform a refresh - "Keep My Files" option.  If that doesn't work then you could then try a full reinstall (back up first) to see if that solves the problem. If it doesn't solve the issue then it may point to a fault with your Bluetooth.

2. If it is a separate USB dongle that is connected either via a hub or a USB port, connect it directly or try another USB socket. If this fails to work then perhaps the USB Bluetooth adaptor has failed.

• wobawu
    Options

Hey finlux,

Thank you so much for helping me!

The bluetooth i have a problem with is a build in device.

I am wondering how the bluetooth adapter is connected to the main unit (inside the laptop) and if it is connected to the USB problem in device menager i mentioned.

The solution you suggested is of course reasonable and I have it in mind, However, I have to avoid, for now,  any restoring procedures, as I am in the middle of big develeper project. Restoring the system, the files are going to remain still but all the Windows setting in .NET and other hardware options might not.

So, I can't risk any changes right now as it would be time consuming to restore many options.

I am aware of the fact, that it might be the only solution for my problem, but I have to try finding other options.

(I also reinstalled the chipset drivers - didn't help)

Again, thanks for help!

• finlux
    Options
    Ok. Good luck with your project.

If I can be of any further help, let me know!
  • wobawu
    Options

Problem solved by latest windows 10 update!

• finlux
    Options
    Good news!
  • EEMBBNC
    EEMBBNC Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I tcould have sworn I had Bluetooth on this new computer but now I don't see it. How do I check to see if Bluetooth is on this Acer?

I'm running Windows 8.1 and don't want to upgrade to 10.

I've followed the instructions on the manual but Bluetooth isn't there.

These are the instructions:

Enable Bluetooth and add a device

To enable your computer’s Bluetooth adapter, do the following:
    1.Open the Charms and select Settings > Change PC Settings > PC
    and devices > Bluetooth, or press the Windows key + <W> and
    then type ’Wireless’; in the results, click on Bluetooth settings.
    2. Click the toggle next to Bluetooth to enable/disable it.
    3.Your computer will automatically start searching for devices, as well
    as make itself visible to other devices.

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

You can check if you have bluetooth in the device manager in windows.

Just write in start device manager and there you should have a section called bluetooth. Check to see if the device is there and if it's not disabled.

If you don't have it there but you have some unknown device, then you can try to go at http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers and input your device model and download the drivers for bluetooth and install it to see if it will help.

• EEMBBNC
    Options

There is nothing under Device Manager which makes me think I'm crazy for thinking I used the Bluetooth on this computer. But when I look on my phone and go to the Bluetooth settings I have this computer listed as a "paired device".

It seems that updraging to Windows 10 might be an answer to this problem but I am running Adobe Premeire CS4 suite and am concerned about that software running on 10.

Thanks for your help

• EEMBBNC
    Options

I see this in another thread.

Perform a system restore back to before the Windows 8.1 upgrade, remove the Bluetooth drivers, then upgrade to Windows 8.1. It should install generic drivers and you can download the Acer drivers afterwords.

I think I'll try this when I have time.