vn7-591g sudden fps drop then throttle then freeze

Options
spdzo
spdzo Member Posts: 5 New User

hi, i got this last 3weeks, so basically this is new, its a 960m version, 

i just noticed this recently after updating nvidia drivers, then i revert back to the old driver but still drops fps then freeze, im playing dota 2 and diablo 3, also advance warfare so its not software problem, pls help and guide me, thanks,

Answers

• philetus
    Options

This is not new. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/fpslag-in-every-game-low-graphics-not-even-close-to-overheat-VN7/td-p/324923

One thing I believe would help is to replace the HDD with a SSD. You don't really need 1 terabyte do you?

• spdzo
    Options
    Hi sir. Actually from the day i bought this laptop i changed the sshd to ssd already. Im using patriot torch. I had no problems. I just recently experienced this after new nvidia driver was installed. So i revert back to old but still freezes. Like from 60fps down to 1fps all of a sudden.
  • spdzo
    Options

ey guys, if ever someone experience this, i have the solution, i found the culprit, its the nvidia geforce experience, on the preference / batteryboost, uncheck or unmark battery boost, it throttles down the gpu so youll experience sudden fps drop.

thanks.

• philetus
    Options

Good find. Check back and let us know if it continues to be the solution.

• spdzo
    Options

Yeah. Playing for almost 4hrs now. No fps drop or lag or throttling. Max temps on dota 2. Diablo 3 and advnce warfare is 77deg c.

[word filter avoidance]