v3-771 - "No bootable device"

Options
h800
h800 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Acer Community,

i have a problem with my V3-771G. As i´m struggling since about 4 days finding a solution. For better assistance, first the important details AND the solution-attempts i already tried:

Device:

Acer V3-771 with pre-installed Win 8, sometime upgraded to Win 8.1; i5@2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD - no SSD. Warranty just ran out a few months ago... my bad.

Problem:

Problem(s) started a few weeks ago, after i had an unintended power-loss. Restart and repair was somehow succesful at first, but then i received some serious boot problems.

• The laptop tries to boot but shows me "No bootable device found - Hit any key".
  • Similiar message if i change to legacy BIOS
  • Occassionally it boots without problems - like right now.

Assumption:

Some problem with the Hardware (checked it, see below, was fine) or the MBR or the Bootmanager or the BIOS/UEFI.

Attempted solutions:

• Windows "fresh up" Installation - Worked, booted, next time same problem again
  • Windows "full repair" Installation - Worked, booted, next time same problem again
  • Acer Recovery "Reset to factory settings" - As the two above, no solution.
  • Delete & format partitions as i assumed a MBR error
  • With new partition fresh install of a Win 8.1 i own - no solution.
  • Fixmbr, chkdsk, bcdboot, and so on.... no solution
  • Changed boot order, Changed to legacy mode - no solution
  • Reset BIOS to default settings (F9).

Checks i made so far:

CrystalDiskInfo: Says HDD is healthy. Screen is here.

Acer HDD Check Tool: Quick Test PASS, Long Test PASS

MemTest: PASS

Additional notes:

Chkdsk ran way to long from my view. /f was fine, but /r took ages. 2-3 times i got additional error messages like 0xc0000815. BIOS always shows the HDD, so i assume its definitly not "broken".

Any ideas or help would be really appreciated Smiley Happy

Answers