v3-575t-7008 Upgrade RAM & SSD, Concerned about the Power

Options
wnstn79
wnstn79 Member Posts: 2 New User

I am about to add new RAM and SSD to my laptop (V3-575T-7008). I was wondering whether the power can handle all these upgrade.

I am adding DDR3L 8GB RAM and TLC 525G SSD. So it is going to be 2 8GB RAMs and 1 1T HDD and 1 525GB SSD.

I just checked the power of this laptop and it is 45W. It looks a little low for me.

Does anybody have an idea whether it will work? Thx.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi,

Do you understand that a RAM stick uses aproximately 2 W. And if you did not check the 12GB version of the notebook with the same CPU configuration I tell you that it still ships with the same power brick.

Also, I don't think your notebook has 2 SATA ports so you will remove the DVD drive to put in the secondary HDD/SSD. So you remove component which uses power to put another component.

Also bear in mind that the power adapter is designed to provide all the power for the notebook at full load, and some extra overhead to charge your battery even when is completely under load. And they are not designed at a limit. Eg your notebook will not use 44W at full load for sure. It probably will use around 35W. There is always overhead.

I think this should be your last thing to worry about.