"No Bootable Devices" after shut down. Then I power off and on again and it boots no problem.

midwestcoast1
midwestcoast1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all,

I bought a new Aspire V15 Nitro, the verison with only the 1 TB HDD and 8gb RAM.  The first thing I did was install a 500 gb Samsung Evo M2 ssd, clean install windows 8.1 on the SSD, and then upgraded to Windows 10.  So now I have a blank HDD and Windows 10 on the SSD.

Now here's the weird part.  When I turn the computer on after a shut down, it says "No Bootable Devices".  I then turn the power off and back on...and it boots like normal.  This happens every single time though, any ideas ?

The bootup order in the BIOS is  1- Windows Boot Manager 2- SSD

Windows 10 works perfectly fine and if I restart, there is no problem, it only happens after a shut-down.

Thanks everybody.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • midwestcoast1

Thanks.  That sounded like a **bleep** good idea, but it didn''t work.  Same problem still.

• IronFly

have you already checked for a BIOS update?

• midwestcoast1

Yes, already was up to date.

• IronFly

you said, SSD and HDD both installed on your laptop.

have you tried to boot with SSD only?

another thing to try is to enter BIOS and do a load default setting, save and exit, then boot and shutdown an try again to boot after a while and check if it gives the same error.

• karankanuga
    karankanuga Member Posts: 26 New User

I'm facing this exact situation, is there any solution. Please help.

• karankanuga

Can someone please advice on this issue.

• IronFly

exact situation what means?

same laptop model, HDD+SSD configuration, BIOS and OS?

• goncalo29
    goncalo29 Member Posts: 5 New User

Hi, I'm exactly in the same situation, only it's a VN7-591G and added a 850 Evo.

Has anyone found a solution?

• karankanuga

Hi - I remember resolving this by chaging some setting in BIOS. I do not remember exactly what i did, as it was a long time back, however you have a start on this

• goncalo29
    goncalo29 Member Posts: 5 New User

My solution was based on this thread, it turns what the problem was an old partition on the HDD called EFI System Partition.

A clean install and format on both drivers fixed it, thanks anyway Smiley Happy