o que fazer para diminuir uso cpu 100% do chrome browser/youtube no acer aspire v5 122p A4 1250?

carlosm
carlosm Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

I have a Acer aspire v5 122p with A4 1250.
I like the design, the keyboard and the screen. Battery it is ok for a 350€ notebook.
Acer v5 122p can´t play youtube videos in 720 or 1080p, without lag and stops. Is a terrible experience when using chrome to play youtube videos. But if i play the sames videos on the Microsoft Edge it flays 1080p very flowless. I can´t figure why chrome browser gets 100% of the cpu when i play youtube videos.Its annoying.

Answers

• sharky25k
    sharky25k Member Posts: 473 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon

I think the problem is in the fact that for some reason your chrome browser still uses flash to play the video files, and the flash is quite CPU intensive, thus causing the issue.

Check this page, https://www.youtube.com/html5 and be sure that your browser is set to use HTML5 by default as playback for videos.

• carlosm
    carlosm Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

thank you. i install extension youtube flash-html5 and force youtube to use html5. i think chrome now plays 720p like edge. it inprove performance but the processor sonetimes touches 98% and then the sound and youtube video just stops for less tha a second. this acer it was built to save power. i think i can not get low power and performance at same time.
  • radeon7750
    radeon7750 Member Posts: 5 New User

install magic actions chrome plugin and select: use AVC in settings instead of VP9 codec. Youtube will play videos with much lower cpu usage.