my volume goes down automatically while playing a game

Options
dannstein
dannstein Member Posts: 4 New User

how come when i play a game my volume goes down automatically to a point where i barely can hear what's going on. Already did the ''playback device- communication- do nothing'' option and it did not work.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try this,

Type mmsys.cpl. Go to communications tab and change setting to Do Nothing.Apply and test it.

• dannstein
    Options

as i mentioned above, i already tried that and it did nothing. A lot of people suggested this solution on the forums but i don't see any other suggestions.

• philetus
    Options

Yes you did. Sorry about that. Have you tried unchecking these settings. I know Skype will try to control the volume and games probably also have volume settings.Maybe the problem is the computer is letting apps take control.

I also see that a lot of people are having this problem because of USB mice and keyboards and stuck keys on their keyboards.

2016-05-03_1037.jpg

• dannstein
    Options

i fixed the problem, it was in game. the game made me join a group voice chat automatically so that's why the volume went down as soon as i logged in. I disabled this automatic function and everthing works fine.

Thanks a lot for your help

• philetus
    Options

Glad I could help