my acer aspire v5 471 wont open, its on black screen

Options
nojla
nojla Member Posts: 5 New User
my acer aspire v5 is on black screen. this happened when i forced it to shutdown while a disk check up is on progress, coz it stucked up for about an hour it didnt even move an inch. my function keys are not working.

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks for posting here, so as you said you get a Black screen, do you get to see the Acer logo on start up, If yes, then Turn on the Unit & start hitting Alt+F10 on your KBD, that will bring up the Windows recovery, just select the 1st option Reboot to win 8, the computer should boot to windows,. if any erros please post here,. Cheers
  • nojla
    Options
    at 1st im getting the acer logo, gray screen and mouse pointer on start up, but after i press any function keys, nothing happened, so i turn it off then on again, now i see nothing even the acer logo.
  • nojla
    Options
    already did that many times. still nothing happened
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,131 Trailblazer
    Options

nojla wrote:
    already did that many times. still nothing happened

Are you under warranty? Could you be able to insert another spare drive to replace the current one? Have you made any back up disks?

• nojla
    Options
    what do i hv to do to fix it? i dont want to reformat it as i dont hv a back up file.
  • nojla
    Options
    its already 2 yrs so im not on warranty anymore. i dont hv spare drive either. Smiley Sad
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,131 Trailblazer
    Options

Please wait for someone else to chime in, Thanks.

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

If you don't see the Acer logo have you tried with an external monitor? Could also be a display issue