logging a complaint

ioannna
ioannna Member Posts: 1 New User

Dear Sir/ Madam,

First, let me start by saying that I am extremely disappointed on Acer!

I recently made a call with the case number *** to inform your team that my touchpad is not working and 2 additional numbers to the right of the calculation of the computer (number 3 and 5). These faults on the touchpad and numbers did not occur by me. 

I recently made a call with the case number *** to inform your team that my touchpad is not working and 2 additional numbers to the right of the calculation of the computer (number 3 and 5). These faults on the touchpad and numbers did not occur by me. 

Nearly a year before with the case number *** I made a request for my screen to be fixed (only the screen- everything else was working perfectly). When I received my laptop I noticed straight away that the touchpad wasn't working (probably the technicians forgot to connect the touchpad with the laptops brain), so I called in and let your team know. 

Instead of fixing my laptop you send me over a couple of CDs so that I can try to restart/ replace the system of my laptop for which I informed your colleague on the phone very well that I cannot do it myself. Yet again you sent the CDs over which I still haven't used because I don't know how, and my laptop until these days is broken (touchpad and the two numbers are not working).

Unfortunately, this whole year I have been extremely busy that I completely forgot about the guarantee until I received a letter  which says that my  laptop guarantee will expire on the 10th of December 2016 (please see attached document).

Obviously, I do not wish to pay for any damage on my laptop especially if it was not caused by me, and so I called the Acer team to book an appointment for you to have my laptop and fix it before of the expiry date.

I made the first call on your team on the 6th of December 2016 and let him know that because of the letter I received I need to fix my laptop before the 10th, then your colleague told me that the guarantee has already expired even though the letter states otherwise. He also told me that even thought the damage was caused by your team you have a 90 days policy (it's the first time I am hearing of this policy and why didn't I receive any notification of the dates remaining so that I could fix my laptop on time?) for which I can send my laptop over to get it fixed- even though I called you and wanted to send you over my laptop- you just sent me over a couple of CDs which I told you I could not use and told me to try to use them.

Now my main question is why should I pay for a damage in my laptop which was not caused by me (when your team received the laptop the first time, they informed me that you needed only to repair the screen as everything else was working fine- plus they inform me about the 90 days policy after it has expired)? And moreover, why should I pay for something for which I was given false/ inaccurate information and not the right one?

I am expecting your full understanding of this situation and provide with the right service to you client. 

Kind regards

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]