eRecovery Management fails to complete the restore process

Options
Daniol71
Daniol71 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

I have an Acer V3-772G running Windows 10 (originally came with Windows 8). I'm trying to restore the system to its factory state (basically what I want is fresh Win 10 with Acer bloat). I'm doing this because I'm selling the laptop to CEX here in the UK and they insist on computers being FACTORY reset. Otherwise I'd simply do a clean install of Win 10.

MAIN PROBLEM: The reset from eRecovery starts without problems, reboots the machine and seems to be doing its thing. However after about 15 minutes the pc reboots and I'm greeted with message like "Reset encountered an error and could not be completed. No changes have been made."

POTENTIAL UNDERLYINGY ISSUES:

- This computer's recovery partitions have been through some hard time with the Win 8.1 update and the Win 10 update. Is that simply the problem? See my old forum post https://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Windows-RE-image-can-t-be-found/td-p/304944

- The original hard drive was cloned to an SSD and was used as storage. When running in this configuration, eRecovery wouldn't allow me to reset at all (totally understandable). Now I'm running Windows from the hard drive again (however the SSD is still in the laptop). Could this be the issue?

Answers

• Daniol71
    Daniol71 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

I was able to reset my laptop to factory settings on the HDD that came with the laptop. However, the recovery on the hard drive doesn't work. The recovery partitions are there, but it seems as if they are completely empty.