kotak29
kotak29 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited November 2023 in 2019 Archives

Answers

• Hi kotak29,

I found a memory module of 8Gb in the Aspire V3-471G series:

Spoiler
    KN.8GB0B.009SODIMM.8GB.DDR3L-1600

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • relli
    relli Member Posts: 2 New User
    Just an update I have the same Acer ASPIRE V3-471G and is perfectly fine and running very smoothly on a 16GB RAM after the upgrade. Previously when I bought it its only 8GB RAM intalled. Ive been using this laptop for more than 5 years now.
  • relli
    relli Member Posts: 2 New User

Why there’s room for more…

The reasons why it is often possible to install far more memory than the original manufacturer intended can be attributed to the following factors:

• The density of the DRAM components, i.e. the number of bits that can be stored in a given space has dramatically increased. Today, memory offers capacities that would have been unthinkable or unaffordable, even a relatively short time ago. Unfortunately manufacturer’s specifications rarely take future, high density memory components into consideration.
    • Current BIOS versions are updated to take changes in the individual system components into consideration, in order for BIOS to fulfill its duties as the system’s control center. The most current DRAM generations are supported, allowing them to be integrated into older systems.
    • Artificial limitations can also be unknowingly set by the manufacturer, through introducing errors or by putting too great a focus on other technical details. Limitations can also be deliberate, created by the manufacturer as a marketing strategy, to differentiate various models in the marketplace or, perhaps, because the larger memory modules were not available in large quantities. It is also possible that the pre-installed operating system is unable to address the maximum amount of installable memory. In such cases the system manufacturer may reduce the maximum installable memory, rather than replace the operating system with one, which can cope with a larger memory.
    Note: I always buy an Acer brand ever since its a very good and affordable brand for me.