brand new acer aspire vx5-591g keeps freezing and fps drops

aunebrushan1
aunebrushan1 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited October 2021 in Aspire Laptops

So the aspire vx5-591g keeps freezing when im playing games, and its getting quite annoying. And some huge fps drops where the entire just froze. Are there any fixes to this? ive got all the latest drivers. Im trying to defrag the harddisk and see if it makes any difference. If nothing works should i just return it to the retailer? Kinda scared that all the other laptops of the same type will have the problems im facing now. 

​//Edited the content to add model name.   ​

Answers

• Evaneos
    Evaneos Member Posts: 3 New User

Man i have exactly the same problem i returned it then they gave me a new acer vx5 and still the same problem, i'm like wow 1200 euros xD if someone have the solution or lets make acer give back money for this technical problem.

[inappropriate content removed]

• Gerard001a
    Gerard001a Member Posts: 15 New User

Install one SSD Because an HDD is too slow for games

• aunebrushan1
    Ssd? Forreal? Thats actually needed? What difference will that make.
  • Gerard001a

An SSD is definitely a factor 10 faster, which is by now well known Smiley Very Happy

• aunebrushan1

where do i find a ssd compatible with this laptop? do they even have place for a ssd?

• Gerard001a

Yes, that exists for sure, look up your specifications through Google. There are 2 formats SSD .. M.2 and 2.5 inches
    Then you have to transfer your OS to your SSD and he will be fast as never before
    Smiley Wink

• aunebrushan1

its actually hilarious how bad of a laptop this is, it framedrops every 5 seconds, and freezes hella lot of times, this is low quality . Really hoping a ssd will fix the problem. 

[inappropriate content removed]

• Evaneos

Honestly, yeah a better HDD or a SSD will fix the problem, because i have the laptop with 120go SSD and when the game is on the SSD its fine but 120go is not enough to all my games, so yea just change your HDD by a 7200RPM or put a SSD but that's a bit expensive bro, tell me if that worked Smiley Happy

• crazyionutz
    crazyionutz Member Posts: 2 New User

ssd will not solve the issue.

i am having an intel m2 pcie 512 Gb and sometimes it is freezing 

i did not played for like more than 10 mins witcher 3 ( testing purposes ) and i did not experienced fps drops or issues like the one described in the first post but it gets random freezes ( not black screen ).

i installed almost all the tools and drivers for it.. updated the firmware of the ssd and for the moment it's ok but still.. random freezes may occur again... and don't think it's from the laptop but from windows + ssd ( microsoft acknowledged the issue and it's beeing addressed )

• Evaneos

Yea, i finally found, but we can't do anything, the problem is the GTX 1050, after talk with many people getting this pc, and other pc with GTX 1050, the gtx 1050 is freezing on many game like Rocket League, The Witcher 3, but for example i tried Forza horizon 3 and i can play whitout lag or freeze, that a problem of optimisation i guess.

• dutchyman
    dutchyman Member Posts: 1 New User

Did anyone ever fix this? I have a ACER Aspire VX5-591-78J8 and it keeps freezing for a few seconds every now and then while in game, this really makes gaming unpossible..

I do have all my games installed on my HDD..

• Beeber
    Beeber Member Posts: 1 New User
    Same, I have an Aspire VX15 with the ff. specs:
    *Intel core i5 (7th gen)
    *Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 4gb
    *4GB Ram
    * 1 T HDD 5400 rpm

But i can't play pubg, overwatch, fortnite and other similar games because of the fps drop / freeze. Pls Help :(
  • Ma1Fia
    Ma1Fia Member Posts: 1 New User
    problem is in windows 10 interaction with NVIDIA driver, i had this problem, go to the start menu then click on setting , go to GAMING option then disable GAME MODE
    then enjoy your gaming ;)
  • JulianoGraebin
    JulianoGraebin Member Posts: 41 Troubleshooter
    Hello!

Same problema here, Jun 2018! WTF

My Aspire VX5 1050ti 4gb keeps freezing, i mostly play CS:GO, DOTA2. In dota my problema isnt fps drops, it runs smothly 60fps always in ultra, but, when I use Alt+Tab to use chrome or whatever when im dead, it freezes everything, 3-4 secs, the windows go crazy and back to normal after a secs, and CS:GO i cant even play, I run it smothly too, max FPS always in ultra, no problems, BUT every 30-60 sec, my game FREEZE completely, like 2-3 even 4 secs, my CPU sometimes go 100% sometimes decreases... VERY STRANGE.

I always keep my drivers updated, windows10 i Reinstaled (clean version), and still can't play. after 5 months i bought it keeps freezing.

Any idea? 
  • omar_hamza
    omar_hamza Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello!

Same problema here, Jun 2018! WTF

My Aspire VX5 1050ti 4gb keeps freezing, i mostly play CS:GO, DOTA2. In dota my problema isnt fps drops, it runs smothly 60fps always in ultra, but, when I use Alt+Tab to use chrome or whatever when im dead, it freezes everything, 3-4 secs, the windows go crazy and back to normal after a secs, and CS:GO i cant even play, I run it smothly too, max FPS always in ultra, no problems, BUT every 30-60 sec, my game FREEZE completely, like 2-3 even 4 secs, my CPU sometimes go 100% sometimes decreases... VERY STRANGE.

I always keep my drivers updated, windows10 i Reinstaled (clean version), and still can't play. after 5 months i bought it keeps freezing.

Any idea? 
    I also have the exact same issue, especially on CS:GO, the game just freezes as you said, I have tried everything from updating drivers to fresh windows installation but still have the same problem, now I am trying to move the game into my SSD to see if it might help. PS: all other games such as Overwatch,LoL,Rainbow R6 work fine, the problem is with CSGO mainly. Anyone have any idea how to fix this???  
  • ダージリン様
    ダージリン様 Member Posts: 88 Fixer WiFi Icon
    does the core clock dropping to 139mhz?
  • WuTangShaolin
    WuTangShaolin Member Posts: 2 New User
    This Laptop (Acer Aspire VX15) is so *****... 1200€ for nothing. Even a game from 2003 (Warcraft 3) ist with 4 Players lagging. Starcraft 2 and CS GO Lags and spikes. Screen freezes in the game for 1 - 2 Secs.
    I'm really mad!!!
  • andylb
    andylb ACE Posts: 3,827 Pathfinder
    edited September 2019
    This Laptop (Acer Aspire VX15) is so *****... 1200€ for nothing. Even a game from 2003 (Warcraft 3) ist with 4 Players lagging. Starcraft 2 and CS GO Lags and spikes. Screen freezes in the game for 1 - 2 Secs.
    I'm really mad!!!

Please start your own topic for your problem, give us your FULL model number and please describe your problem in DETAIL. That way we may be able to help resolve it, your Aspire VX15 is more than capable of playing that game well so it is probably a setup problem. Also when playing online games with others there are many factors that influence performance such as Bandwidth and Servers etc..

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    Thank you and have a blessed day  B)

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2019★★

• crazywawa
    crazywawa Member Posts: 1 New User
    hello guys, i bought a acer vx i5 7th gtx1050 8gb 1000go (not new one ) and i remark i have a freez in pc when i watch or i play everything  are freezing , plz i need help for this problem!
  • aunebrushan1
    crazywawa said:
    hello guys, i bought a acer vx i5 7th gtx1050 8gb 1000go (not new one ) and i remark i have a freez in pc when i watch or i play everything  are freezing , plz i need help for this problem!

i for one just gave up on the pc, i returned it. If you insist on keeping it i would change hdd/ssd, ram and repaste cpu and gpu.