back in for 4th repair ( 3 times in 32 days)

Options
jellyfiss
jellyfiss Member Posts: 14 New User

got my laptop back yesterday . It went in for speaker fault in february just over 2 weeks from new ...... It went in for repair on 26th june as some keys not working , they fitted a new main board and i got it back just over 2 weeks ago and was back within an hour for repair because it would not power up . I finally got it back yesterday after another long wait and a new main board fitted yet again and was told it was thoroughly tested and passed . I have used it for about 4 hours and all seemed OK untill i needed to press the Ctrl key to cut n paste and found out both ctrl keys do not work . i also tried ctrl alt del and it wouldnt fire up  task manager ... I then found out that both ctrl keys and both alt keys do not respond . i tried an online keyboard checker to verify this . Makes me wonder if these folk know the meaning of a thorough test . Now it has to go in tomorrow ( Sunday ) for a 3rd repair in 32 days . it seems that you have no right when you buy these things costing £900 . They just fob you off and would rather keep replacing expensive boards rather than give you a replacement ... like i said it will be 4th repair since february of which 3 will have been in the last 32 days , not good enough ,,, i will going to trading standards after this because i should be happy with my product rather than worrying about when it is going to fail again .

Answers

• jellyfiss
    Options

Got to collect it from pc world this morning as a DPD courier is collecting it today and it is going away for review , the young lady at pc world sees to think i could be getting my money refunded or a replacement , i just hope either is going to be true as i would be happy with a replacement or my money back as the laptop when it works is impressive and fast ...... will keep this thread updated , fingers crossed

• jellyfiss
    Options

At last i got a refund from PC World customer services after having my laptop for 2 more weeks . Now i wont be going back to PC World and i won't be having an acer , i am getting it built to my spec which has 8 gig more than my Acer a better gfx card a 1tb hybrid and a 120gb ssd plus a blue ray rewriter 3 yr warranty , free collection and delivery for 1yr and parts for 1yr and labour for 3 yrs ... and for the same price as a vn17 .