aspire v5-591G SSD upgrade - geforce problem

BT_ElastiSense
BT_ElastiSense Member Posts: 2 New User
I have a fairly new Acer Aspire V5-591G-52HC with a Geforce GTX 950M graphics card. It comes with a 96GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. I have upgraded to a 500GB SSD. I have used a USB flash drive to make a clean install of WIN10 HOME 64bit. No problem. I my problem comes, when I want to install my Geforce graphics card. I feel I have tried everything but I simply cannot have it working, and it kills my WIN installation. When I use the exact same driver version, which I download from the Acer package of drivers that fits my Laptop (and which is installed on the original 96GB SSD which still works fine), the computer makes blue screen before the installation of the graphics driver is completed. If I try in safe mode, I succeed to install the driver. But when I then restart in normal mode, the computer freezes, before I manage to log in. I have tried quite a lot of different tips and tricks which I have googled, and also a couple of different versions of the driver. but without any luck yet. Any help is greatly appreciated. Also help to understand why it can be working with the exact same driver on the original 96GB SSD.

Answers