aspire v5-571 replacement screen cable

welsh375
welsh375 Member Posts: 1 New User

Good evening everyone,

Going back a few months ago I was donated an Acer V5-571 ms2361 laptop that was compleatly dead.  I was told the motherboard was believed to be fried and after searching for spare motherboards, purchased a brand new Husk 11309-4m, figured if the original motherboard was toast might as well fit one with more grunt than the original.  In my haste to see it working, I fudged the original screen cable which resulted in the orignal cable melting and needing yet another replacement cable.

A few weeks later, the second replacement board turned up (same husk board of the previous one) and after diagnosing a faulty ram stick the machine booted up but only via external monitor.  Trying to find a compatible replacement led cable has been a nightmare though. So far have purchased about 7 different screen cables with 5 of them provides the monitor with power but not the needed data connection.

So far all of the replacements have been purchased from ebay, I have noticed others available on other wesbites including acer spares but they seem rarely to post the cable serial number which makes it harder to say the least.  I did manage to salvidge the orignal cable id sticker before binning it which is 50.4vm06.011 (VA51) REV b:01 however, since I folded the cable into the chassis resulting in the cable melting I am not sure if this cable would be compatible with both the original petra motherboard as well as the replacement?

May seem easier to simply bin the laptop and invest into a new one which would be the logical choice but getting the machine this close back into working order and the fact its a lot more modern than what I am currently using with the added advantage being half the size and about 30% lighter too.

I would appreciate any guidance or help that anyone could provide, fixing laptops is still something very new and different to me.

Answers

• The Acer part number is 50.M2DN1.005

Google that and you will find many of them, expensive and unexpensive.