aspire v3-771-6621 blank screen

Options
annebaker
annebaker Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and it has worked until this afternoon. When I turn the power on I get the ACER logo, and then the screen goes opaque with a flashing line at the top left corner of the screen.

I cannot get the computer to open or run. How do I fix this problem?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Try to connect an external monitor and check if you have signal.

if not, probably windows installed a new Intel VGA driver and you need to revert to a previous version.

try this:
    at boot press ALT+F10 or after entering your password to login, keep pressing Shift key, this will start Acer/windows recovery.
    From the Recovery screen
    Click on Troubleshoot.
    Click on Advanced Options.
    Click on Startup Settings.
    Click on Restart.
    The PC will now reboot to the Startup Settings screen.
    Press 4 to Enable Safe Mode as prompted.

once in Safe mode, go to Device manager, click on Display adapters, right click on your VGA and choose uninstall(tick to uninstall software too).

reboot normally and check if black/blank screen is fixed.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • annebaker
    Options

That didn't work. When I power up I get the ACER name in the middle of the screen and then the screen goes opaque and pressing alt=F10 doesn't do anything. I never get the opportunity to log in because the screen is "dead".

• IronFly
    Options

if you press F2 at boot can you enter BIOS?

you can try to follow this instructions to create a bootable windows 10 media, boot from it and then follow my previous instructions to enter safe mode:

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Windows-10-Installation-Recovery-Media-Creation-and-Use/ta-p/394236

• annebaker
    Options

NO! Blank screen with flashing cursor only

• IronFly
    Options

do you press F2 or ALT+F10 when Acer logo appears?

please, try to create a bootable windows 10 media, boot from it and try to enter safe mode.