aspire v15 v3-572g screen flickering issue

adumbtownie
adumbtownie Member Posts: 8 New User

recently, my screen has been flickering as if it was static. at this point, i think ive figured it out its some sort of cable issue in the screen because it occurs when i move the screen. is there a way for me to fix this? i don't know how to dissasemble the screen, is there any specific steps i should take? any other suggestions? thanks

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Hello,

Watch this video. You'll see the panel connector at 1:03.

Note: Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the battery before to do anything.

France
  • adumbtownie

thanks for this. however, i havent done it yet. i was wondering if my cable is defective, would i have to get a new one? and where can i get a new one? 

• laurent_14

Generally this kind of issue comes from this connector. Check if it is correctly inserted/plugged in. If you need a new cable, I would give you the part number and a link of a online shop.

France
  • adumbtownie

ok cool thanks a lot, ill get back to you if its broken. really appreciate the help man

• laurent_14

Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

I'll give you the informations tomorrow. It's late in France!

France
  • adumbtownie

ill pm it to u

• laurent_14

Hello,

Thanks for you PM. FYI the first ten characters only are the P/N so no danger.

Well the part number of your eDP cable (display cable) is:

Spoiler
    50.MNSN2.002CABLE.EDP.FOR.DIS

You could buy it here or from your Acer store (you can request them a quote by chat or by phone).

France
  • adumbtownie
    Hmm it seems that my cable is the problem as my screen no longer turns on. Any idea on how to replace the cable because it seems to be connected to the interior of the laptop
  • laurent_14

Hello,

As this model is "similar", you should watch this german video to remove the keyboard. I think you will be able to change the eDP cable with both videos. I don't speak german but this video is clear.

France
  • adumbtownie

any idea where i can a replacement screen for this laptop? i would prefer to order it on amazon because it ships faster

• laurent_14

Hello,

Sorry but I didn't keep your PM with the first ten characters. Could you send me it again?

France
  • adumbtownie

my first ten characters are NXMPYAA003

• laurent_14

Hello,

I didn't find the original LCD panel in Amazon. You can buy a compatible screen (ID 795956, matte, TN) here. They are warrantied for 3 years.

France
  • laurent_14

Hello,

No it isn't. Here is the original LCD panel:

Spoiler
    Innolux Chimey - N156HGE-EA2 - 1920x1080 (FHD) - Matte
    The specifications are here.
    All compatible LCD panels are here.
    France