aspire nitro vn7-792g plugged in problem

Options
hulen15
hulen15 Member Posts: 18 New User

i have acer aspire nitro vn7-792g v17 black edition, bought 1 month ago, it was fine untill now, but for now it overheats on every game when plugged in, and when not its 50-55c, only cpu gpu is not so high its 60-70c, plugged in idle temps are fine 39-40c but in games they are very high in 5 minutes it goes 90-95c and it has airplane sound, i don't think there is fan problem or cpu because it has the same usage on plugged in or unplugged, plugged in ghz speed is 3,25 and unplugged 2,6 2,7 i don't think there are much difference, i may blame the windows 10 update for skylake or maybe something wrong with the charger, i'm thinking to reset windows soon and try if it fixs the problem and if not i don't know what to do, any help is appreciated

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Is coolboost enabled on your system? If not, try enabling it by launching Acer Care Center and turning it on. 

What program are you using to get your CPU temp?

You could try adjusting some of your power settings for AC adapter to see if that helps. 

90 degrees Celsius is not really considered overheating, as the product is designed to shut down at 100 degrees Celsius if the hardware reaches an unsafe temperature.

• hulen15
    hulen15 Member Posts: 18 New User
    Options

thanks for your response, to say truth coolbost only can lower 2-3c , and yes it's on, i'm using msi afterburner and rivatuner to monitor temps, i tried to go to power settings and set maximum processor management on 98% instead of 100% and now my ghz is only locked to 2.47 ghz which helped temps to go down, i don't feel any fps difference vs 3,30ghz and 2,47 ghz, also in windows too i guess but well it will install games and render videos much slower, i want to say first time i bought this laptop and started windows it was working on intel turbo speed on 3,40 ghz but i didn't have any overheat issues why it can't take turbo speed anymore?, i tried to reset pc plenty of times even did one full reset, do you think changing windows home to windows 10 pro will fix this?, the windows 10 is the issue i can feel it because every reset the temps are 30-35c, but in 1 week it becomes only 50c, and also it is very quiet but not after few days idk what's the reason, thanks

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I don't really think the version of Windows is the issue, because I have not seen similar reports from other users. I suspect it may be something that is being loaded on the system if after a few days the temp is raising and the system is becoming noisier. Is the system noisy before installing msi afterburner and rivatuner?  Are you overclocking the GPU?